COVID PROCEDURES UPDATED 9/6/2020
For all dancers in pre-ballet and primary A, B, C
● If your class is in Studio A, use that front door. If your class is in studio B, use that front door.
● This is a huge request-if possible, remind all your dancers that we are limiting bathroom use. There will be no chance to change clothes in the bathroom or do hair in the bathrooms. Dressing rooms are also closed. We are also hoping that a trip to the bathroom before class can become a habit for everyone. Teachers will have time to clean the studios between classes, but we will not have time to clean the bathrooms. If a child has an emergency and has to use a toilet, obviously, we’ll let them, but know that there is no guarantee that the bathroom surfaces will be disinfected. Pull-ups for little ones wouldn’t be a bad idea!
● If class begins at 4, parents can arrive no earlier than 3:55. Wait on x’s outside of the front door. If the door is unlocked, check to see the number of people in the lobby. If there are less than 5 pairs (1 adult and 1 child) then proceed into the lobby with your dancers. If you have more children with you, it would be great if you could keep them nearby. We have designated areas that you can stand and help your little one get on their ballet shoes and take off any outerwear. Once your dancer is ready, send your little one into the ballet room with the teacher’s aid or the teacher. Once in the space, your dancer will get a little squirt of hand sanitizer and then asked to sit on an X and wait for the class to begin. You should then quickly exit to let others in to get ready for class.
● Remain in your car until 5 minutes before the class is over. Enter lobby space again to pick up your dancer. The teacher or the teacher’s aid will walk them to the studio door. If you are waiting on one of the x’s, we’ll send your little one out. If possible, just scoop them up and carry them out without changing shoes, etc. If that is not possible, quickly get their ballet shoes off and their street shoes on and head for the exit to let others in. The youngest classes have 8-10 dancers. There are spaces for 5 dancers/adults to get shoes on/off. We need to let everyone have a chance to get in and out safely.
● If your class starts at 3:45. You should wait in your car until you see the class before you start to exit. We hope there won’t be a big pile-up of adults/kids on the sidewalks. When the lobby and sidewalks clear, you would follow the procedures listed above.
● Parking thoughts~ Between the head-in parking slots and the street parking slots, I hope we have enough parking for everyone. There is sometimes space behind the building and on the west and east side of the building if parking becomes an issue. Please don’t ever park between the mailboxes and the head-in parking. Parking in that location makes it very hard for people to back out safely. It is also an extreme safety hazard for anyone crossing the parking lot to get to cars parked appropriately on the street. If you have trouble finding parking at the appropriate time, please let Mary or I know so that we can find a new plan.
Dancers in Levels 1A and up
● I think that by this age, dancers can be trusted to get their shoes off and ballet slippers on without assistance. For this level, dancers should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to their class time. When the class before their class has completely cleared and the lobby area for their studio is completely empty, they may come into the lobby. They should be encouraged to stay 6 feet apart from other classmates entering the space. Once in the lobby, they should get hand sanitizer-located in the lobby-and then proceed directly into the dance space. Once in the space, they should find an x, sit down, take off street shoes, put on dance shoes, take off outerwear, get ready to dance.
● We will be keeping our back doors open as long as we can to promote ventilation. As the weather cools, BAA has purchased several HEPA filters. We purchased as many as we could afford. We will begin using these as the weather cools and we are forced to close doors.
● Masks should be worn at all times by anyone 5 and older in the lobby or studio spaces. There are very few reasons why masks should not be worn for this short amount of time. Even students with mild or well-controlled asthma should be able to wear a mask. Dancers with Type 1 Diabetes should be able to wear a mask. Some children with sensory processing disorders may be unable to wear a mask. If you feel that your child should not wear a mask due to an underlying medical condition, please contact me.
● We will follow Missoula County Health procedures for contact tracing, quarantine, and closing classes if needed. We will try to let you know in advance if a class will not meet. We will also post a sign on the appropriate door if a class needs to be cancelled. Please always check before simply dropping your child off.
● One really important thing we can do for each other-always ask your child before you bring them to dance class or let them drive themselves to dance class if they feel well. Take their temperature, NEVER bring a child to dance if they have any symptoms. We, as teachers, will do the same. I know that I sometimes try to teach when I feel a cold coming on or a little under the weather. This is not the year to do that for any of us.